ROADBy virtue of its location, AMRL offers access to the domestic markets of India from a world-class platform in the highly industrialized state of Tamil Nadu. Located on National Highway 44 (Erstwhile NH 7), AMRL is well connected to all major cities and logistics hubs in south India. Road networks help reach Trivandrum in the south and Madurai in the north in 2 hrs and Chennai and Bengaluru in 8 hrs.
- Tirunelveli – 34 km (NH 7)
- Kanyakumari – 40 km (NH 7)
- Tuticorin – 80 km (NH-7, 45B)
- Thiruvananthapuram – 115 km (NH 7)
- Madurai – 180 km (NH 7)
- Bengaluru - 600 km (NH 7)
- Chennai - 580 km (NH 5)
AIRAIR offers excellent domestic and international air connectivity through major airports. Tuticorin airport is the closest, while Trivandrum, Cochin, Madurai, and Chennai international airports provide global connectivity.
- Tuticorin Airport (75 Km), a 50-minute drive on NH-7
- Trivandrum International Airport (115 Km), a drive of 2 hours on NH-7 towards the south-west
- Madurai International Airport (180 Km), a drive of 2 hours on NH-7 towards the north-east
- Cochin International Airport (300 Km), a drive of 5 hours on state highways and NH-7
SEAAMRL SEZ is strategically located close to East-West international shipping routes and the port of shipment is Tuticorin Port, 80 kms to the north-east. It is the most efficient port in the country with a turnaround time of 24 hours and vast spaces for container bays. It takes less than 2 hours for container trucks to reach Tuticorin from AMRL SEZ.
Tuticorin port – Re-defining possibilities
- Among the 12 major ports in India
- 4th largest & most efficient container terminal in India, operated by Port of Singapore Authority
- 2nd largest port in Tamil Nadu with cargo traffic of over 35 million tonnes
- Estimated to handle 85 million tonnes of cargo annually by 2025
- 14.2m deep draught facility
- Round the clock operations and night navigations
- Adequate covered and vast open storage areas
- Proposed outer harbour development in JV with the Government of Japan
RAILA major broad gauge railway line passing close to AMRL connects all major metros and ports throughout the country. Rail stations and junctions in the vicinity of AMRL include Nanguneri, which is just 4 kms away, Kanyakumari at 40 kms and Madurai, which is 180 kms.
- Nanguneri – 4 kms
- Valliyur – 9 kms
- Tirunelveli – 30 kms
- Kanyakumari – 40 kms
- Tuticorin - 90 kms
- Madurai – 180 kms